Monday, July 02, 2007

THE KWIK-E-MART HAS ARRIVED!

Well, it's happened! A handful of 7-Elevens have turned into Kwik-E-Marts in order to promote the new Simpsons Movie that hits theatres July 27.

Inside you will find many Simpsons themed snacks that manufacturers have made especially for the promotion. But the real treat is that some manufactures have made item that are taken directly from the show! It's true! Now you can buy a box of Krusty-Os, a can of Buzz Soda and your very own Squishee!

I think that this gimmick is a great idea, not only because it is fun but also because it shows that 7-Eleven has a sense of humour. Everyone knows that the Kwik-E-Mart convenience stores are based on the 7-Eleven franchise, but to have 7-Eleven actually take that stereotype and run with it show us that they are able to laugh at themselves. Good job 7-Eleven!

6 comments:

coolshades said...

I agree! It's good to be able to laugh at yourself once in awhile. And that might very well pull some business away from their competitors, albeit for a short period of time.

Kurtis Findlay said...

I should mention that for all of you in the greater Vancouver area of British Columbia, Canada, there is a Kwik-E-Mart in Coquitlam!

I'm not sure of the exact address but when I find it I'll post it here.

coolshades said...

I'm going today! Apparently the lines are really long, though :S

Anonymous said...

I never heard of the 7-eleven store chain before now, we don't have them in the UK and I've never noticed them in USA TV or films, we do have convenience stores though.

I wonder, is everything ridiculously overpriced as it is in the cartoon?

coolshades said...

Saw the Kwik-E-Mart earlier today...and it was quite interesting. They had standees of the TV show characters and stuff, and special cups for the Squishees. I do believe they were out of Krusty-O's, though. Supply can't keep up with demand. haha.

Convenience stores tend to be overpriced, although the Squishees aren't that bad...$1.50 or so...

Kurtis Findlay said...

Here is the address for the Kwik-E-Mart in Coquitlam:

1198 Landsdowne St.
Coquitlam, British Columbia V3E 1J7

It is the only one in Canada!