Friday, August 04, 2006

FRIDAY THEME SONG: HAMMERMAN

I've expanded this month's theme song theme to include all pop stars that really shouldn't have had their own cartoon.

This week's cartoon is based on rapper M.C. Hammer and is based on his superhero persona HAMMERMAN!

In this series, Stanley Burrell (Hammer's real name) is a youth center worker who owns magic shoes that turn him into a superhero!

Hammerman ran on Saturday morning for one season on ABC from 1991 to 1992. DiC Entertainment created thirteen episodes that aired sporadically throughout the season, often being pre-empted for football games.

Here is the theme. Sorry for the very poor quality but it is the only one I could find.

8 comments:

Katie said...

So Kurtis... I was thinking... a dangerous past time, I know.... but I think you should have Theme Song Thursdays... y'know... for the alliteration value? Yeah. That's all.

Kurtis Findlay said...

Y'know, you just might have something there.

Katie said...

Yesssss... that didn't sound staged at all! ... d'oh.

coolshades said...

You should have a different theme for every day of the week. Don't ask me to come up with good alliterative names for them, though...that's Katie's job :P

And why the heck is the Hammerman song over a minute long? that's one whole minute that could have been used to advance the story. Instead, it gets wasted on a cheesy theme song. It has reeeeelly bad lyrics, imo. :S

Anonymous said...

This cartoon never should have been made, but you gotta love the music.

A/T said...

So I guess this would be a lousy moment to admit to having watched what I guess could be considered every episode of Hammerman?

What can I say? I had a lot of free time in my hands when I was younger.

Kurtis Findlay said...

a/t, it is okay that you watched Hammerman. Considering that you probably watched a lot of cartoons around that time you are more than likely to watch a few duds and not even know it.

Heck, I too have watched my fair share of bad cartoons. (But I'll never tell which ones!)

I have to admit to having never watched this show. The shear fact that MC Hammer was the star was enough to drive me away. But I know that he was quite popular and if you were a fan then you probably checked out the show too.

What else did you watch?

Spectre said...

omg...

worst song ever.

Period xD